„Casa Colecțiilor” Museum (The Museum "House of Collections")
Architectural objective / Museum
The building of the Galati Collection House, built in 1900, was inserted into the Galați residents' consciousness under the name Ținc Pharmacy (listed in the Historical Monuments List at GL-II-mB-03045), and imposed itself in the architectural landscape of the city of Galaţi - specific to the beginning of the century XX -by defining stylistic elements its initial destination was to be a pharmacy and a residence.
The farmacy operated at the groud floor of the building, while the upper floors were the pharmacist's residence and space allocated to the service staff.
The building operated as a pharmacy until 1989, when a technical expertise disposed of the evacuation for safety reasons. The restoration of the building takes place between 1994 and 2006, through the financing of the Ministry of Culture and Religious Affairs and the Council of Galați County.
The museum hosts indoor exibitions and memorial collections, like the "George Maksay" collections - supplier of the Royal Court and luxury photographer of Galați, and "Smaranda Brăescu" - the first parachutist woman with a brevet from Romania, born in Buciumeni commune from nowdays Galațicounty.
Text and photo sources: http://www.migl.ro/; https://ro.wikipedia.org/