Church / Architectural objective
Vovidenia Church from Galați county, having the patronage of the Entrance of Our Lady to the Church, was built in 1790 by the old governor Ion Cârja, and in the same year was sanctified by the archpriest G. Avram.
The church was built using a triconch plan with architectural and decorative elements specific to the Moldavian religious architecture. The narthex is covered with a semi-circular vault, and the nave is covered by the Pantocrator Tower, and above the altar another smaller tower is rising.
On the exterior, the church has a belt made of medial girdle consisting of two rows of bricks placed on the corner. The cornice is decorated with niches. The foundation is made of river boulders and concrete, the masonry is made of bricks, the framing is made of wood and the coating is made of sheet-metal. The bell tower on the porch is an addition from 1901.
Text and photo sources: http://galatituristic.ro/; http://www.edj.ro/